You’re minding your own business, and feel your stomach start to growl. Not only that, but your taste buds are sounding the alarm, indicating the vast amount of time you last tasted a sweet fruity flavor.
Of course, I am talking about the notorious chewy Gummy Bear treats.
In fact, it is likely that there are many facts about gummy bears that you have never known or heard before this writing. But rest assured, we are here to clear up any myths or misconceptions about this delectable treat.
- It was first invented in 1922 by German candy creator, Hans Riegel.
- All Green Gummy Bears are actually strawberry flavored barring any Trolli sticker brand on the bag.
- Gummy Bears can be good for your teeth!
- That’s right. While some different variations can stick to your tooth which can cause tooth decay, a current new form containing xylitol –a germ-fighting additive- is being tested as well.
- They can be made into cookies.
- As if having a bag-full of them wasn’t enough, or the form wasn’t appealing to you, then you can use a recipe for making the next best thing: Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies.
- You can soak them in vodka.
- Of course, you can use vodka with many other things, so why gummy bears? Simply put, it’s perfect for the amateur party-goer. And there isn’t anything to be ashamed of on that front. But this can be the perfect alternative for people going down that route. You can find the recipe, here.
- Gummy Bears can be morphed into aliens.
- With a simple macaron recipe and a dash of creativity, you can embed a gummy bear on the top of one to give the feel of a jelly-like stubstance controlling a flying saucer to its will. It certainly works for any science fiction party to boot!
7. They are perfect for cake toppings…
8.…and candy houses
9. Gummy Bears could theoretically take over the world.
-OK, maybe not literally, but according to HARIBO, if you were to take each gummy bear made in a year and line them up head to toe across the planet, they would encircle the earth four times! Now that’s a lot of gelatin!
For more fun facts, as well as candy news and developments, make sure to look no further than candypros.com